Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, October 6

Creating a Custom Cover for your Art Journal


I know I've mentioned this before, but I have to say it again!! I really like working with DecoArt® Media products. The quality is amazing, not to mention the colors they have are pretty great too!

For quite some time I've been working on a "DecoArt® Media Art Journal" -- meaning all the pages are created using their Media line in one way or another and sharing my process with you. I've got quite a stack and since I have just a few pages left to finish up, I thought that I should take a minute or two to create a custom cover to protect my precious pages so my cover looks as great as the inside pages.

Since I've been into making videos lately, I created a little video so you can see exactly how I do this.  Get a cup of coffee or tea and watch my video below and then get started making your own custom cover!


For this project I used the following supplies, you can find most of them at your local (or on-line) JoAnn Craft store or at the DecoArt Media website, which is here.

Thanks for joining me today, have a wonderful day and I hope you get some time to get creative!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. really pretty! I will try the Heat and Bond next time I make a cover--so much neater than using matte medium or other liquids that get all over! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely work, so creative and the finished results were all gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.