Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Saturday, November 8

Stamp Carving at Merrymeeting Art House


I had a guest teacher at the studio last month that taught stamp carving -- one of the few mediums I haven't tried yet. I loved it. Here's the progression of my 4" x 6" stamp:


I traced one of my daily practice sketches in my notebook with a "B" Pencil on tracing paper and transferred it to the red rubber.



This was what it looked like when I stamped it the first time. I liked it but really thought the lines down the flower petals needed to go.



The second printing, working on removing the background areas.


Third, testing out what the petals would look like.



And the block, printed on mixed media paper using distress paint.


Painted with watercolor paints -- it turned out so much better than I thought it would.


And glittered up and made into a card for a stamp carving friend's birthday -- I think she loved it. We're going to have another stamp carving class at the studio, make sure to check out the schedule and see if you can make it!

Thanks for dropping by, have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.