Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Wednesday, August 27

Possibilities...

In life it's so dang easy to walk around seeing the ugly in things -- rather than the beauty or the potential for beauty. I do like to think that I see the potential -- or the possibilities that things can be.

Like this foot stool -- being modeled by my dog, Guinness.


I picked it up at Goodwill for $2.99. The moment I saw it I KNEW it would be the perfect companion to the chair that I recovered last week. The chair had belonged to my Grandmother and was taking up space at my Mom's -- I've been gently suggesting that she make a slipcover for it for years.


She didn't.


I had a plan to recover the ugly foot stool with left over fabric - I was going to cut a top out and then cut a strip for around the sides and sew them together. But just in case, I asked my Guru (Mom) what she would do.


She thought that sewing 4 boxed corners would be an easier and better idea. And, boy oh boy was she right. We had this whole thing done in less than an hour. I can't wait to take it to the studio today and try it out.


The moral of the story -- like Kelly Rae Roberts says -- always be a Possibilitian -- and when they say Mother Knows Best -- a lot of the time they are right! Thanks Mom.

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog and nice work! I have nominated you for a Liebster Award!

    http://caseymcclarnon.blogspot.com/2014/08/liebster-award-and-my-nominees.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.